The ATRO Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 15 May 2019 in Bristol at Bristol City Council Offices, 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG
The meeting will start at 1.15pm.
I’m sure most Local Authority Officers with an interest in tenancy relations work will have had another very interesting but challenging year with another new raft of legislation coming or about to come into force.
In ATRO we appreciate that demands on time and money are likely to be all the greater this year but it is also perhaps a more important time than ever to become involved with ATRO:
- to seek the support and encouragement of other officers involved in the same line of work
- to share ideas and experiences about best practice and new initiatives
- to learn about and contribute to efforts to raise the profile of, and recognise the importance of our area of work.
ATRO is the only association of local authority officers specialising in work to do with landlord-tenant problems and enforcement of the Protection from Eviction Act.
If you are unable to attend perhaps you could ask one of your colleagues to attend the meeting?
Agenda – Annual General Meeting
Election of Officers and Committee Members
Any other business
I attach Notes concerning the Elections, along with Nomination and Proxy Votes papers. If you wish to join the Committee or nominate a colleague for a Committee position please return the nomination form to me by Friday 10 May. Nominations can also be accepted at the meeting.
Following the AGM there will be a Regular meeting.
The agenda for the Regular meeting is as follows:
Our guest speaker is Dan Wilson Craw who is the Director of Generation Rent. https://www.generationrent.org/about
- TRO problems and best practice – your chance to talk to other officers from all around the country about issues that are causing difficulty and to share approaches that have worked for you
- Prosecution round up
- Tenant Fees Enforcement
- Rent Repayment Orders
- Gas Safety Certificates and the Carridon v Monty Schultz case
- Client Money Protection Scheme Enforcement
- Any other business
If there are any items you would like added to the agenda please let me know.
So that I may order refreshments, can you please confirm your attendance at the AGM either by return email or by telephone no later than Friday 10th May.
The meeting venue is less than a 10 minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads railway station. Please follow the signs form the station to the Council offices.
I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Direct Telephone number: 0121 464 9889
Mobile telephone: 07766 924363